Senior Contract Manager – Projects Division
A permanent Contract Manager role in our Projects Division, based in one of our Osprey offices in Cramlington, Mansfield or Portishead.
The Contract Manager will take responsibility for the development and negotiation of all commercial contracts within the Projects Division, from tender stage through to close-out of projects, always ensuring that the company’s governance and any contract-specific requirements are adhered to.
The Contract Manager – Projects is accountable for:
- Contract development and negotiation – develop and negotiate contracts with clients and suppliers to support land and marine projects within the Projects Division. Ensure contracts align with legal and regulatory requirements whilst protecting the interests of the company.
- Risk management – identify and assess potential risks associated with contracts and implement strategies to mitigate these risks. Collaborate with project teams to develop risk mitigation plans and ensure compliance. Ensure risk registers are set up for all projects in conjunction with projects team and escalate exposure in a timely and informed manner.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders – develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers, suppliers, internal and external stakeholders that enable effective collaboration, contract negotiations and discussions relating to contractual matters. Address any contractual issues and provide guidance to resolve disputes in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage subcontracts – from procurement, negotiation and placement of order to final account, to include their commercial management and ensuring subcontractors are effectively managed in all aspects; for example, ensuring payment applications are correct and backed-up with evidence, according to process and approved by the project team.
- Performance evaluation – evaluate contractor performance and provide feedback to improve efficiency and quality. Conduct regular reviews to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
- Proactive contract management – approve sales to operations documentation for completeness and accuracy to ensure that operational teams are set up for success and fully informed of any contractual and commercial aspects as required, to ensure that the project is carried out in line with agreed parameters.