Early Careers – A Year In Industry / Short-Term Internship – Marine Engineers
Osprey Group is offering a challenging and exciting opportunity to join our specialised engineering logistics Year In Industry/Short-Term Internships. This programme will provide you with hands-on experience at its best, through both desktop and site-based exposure.
As an Osprey engineer you will focus on all aspects related to the full lifecycle of systems and products, and you will experience a breadth of engineering knowledge across our Marine Projects business unit.
The Year in Industry/Short-Term Intern will be able to:
- Support the Marine Projects Business Unit in the design and analysis of marine structures, including sea-fastening and lifting operations
- Assist in the development of design concepts and calculations for transport and installation of heavy equipment, both on and offshore
- Conduct site surveys, prepare project reports and assist in the preparation of engineering documentation
- Develop method statements and risk assessments and support project managers with project delivery, including the coordination of resources, materials and site attendance
- Participate in project review meetings and provide support in the identification of project risks and mitigation strategies
- Contribute to the development of proposals and tenders for new projects
- Maintain knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations, and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and ensure that QHSE policies and procedures are adhered to